This really depends on what you are getting. Are you a newbie in getting your nails done? Or are you trying to get something new in terms of the nail type and you don’t how long it is going to take? Today’s blog post is perfect for you as I will be talking about how long certain type of nails take to be done.
Any type of nails you want to get done should take about thirty minutes to forty five minutes. When I go to the nail salon, I don’t go there in a hurry because time will be taken. So I always know I will spend nothing more than two hours and that depends on what I am getting done.
Don’t be one of those ladies that rushes the nail technician because the chances for your nail technician to make a mistake or hurt you when in a hurry is high, plan your time wisely. Be like me and dedicate certain hours to your nails, it takes time to look good.
So, how long does it take to get nails done by a nail technician?
- A regular manicure will take thirty minutes.
- A one colour gel manicure will take about forty five minutes but a multicolour gel manicure can take up to an hour or more depending on the design.
- An acrylic overlay can take up to one and a half hours.
- A French manicure will take about forty five minutes to an hour.
- A reverse French manicure will take about forty five minutes to an hour.
- An American manicure will take about forty five minutes to an hour
- A shellac manicure takes about forty five minutes.
- Dip powder manicure will take about thirty to forty five minutes.
- An acrylic nail will take an hour plus to be done.
If you get your nails done by yourself, it might take longer than it will take a professional except you are a professional yourself. Apart from that, there are a lot of distractions at home. It will take nothing less than an hour to do a pedicure that will take a focused nail technician thirty minutes.
Do you want to save time spent in the nail saloon? If yes, then you can achieve that by taking good care of your finger nails at home. Here are the things you can do at home to take care of your nails:
- Keep your nails healthy and moisturized by soaking your nails in olive oil, do this on a weekly basis. This moisturizes your nails and provides nutrients directly to your nails.
- Drink plenty water, dehydration might just be the reason your nails are so dry, brittle and weak.
- Take nail supplements; nails supplements with vitamin b complex, iron, magnesium, protein, omega three fatty acid, vitamin c and zinc will help the growth of your nails, formation and texture of your nails and lastly they will help strengthen your nails.
- You can incorporate certain food that contain the food nutrients stated above into your diet instead of nail supplements, so include protein (chicken, beef, eggs), fruits (blueberries, strawberries, bananas, kiwis), vegetables (spinach, broccoli, kale, sweet potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, ball peppers), nuts and seeds (almonds) and some fatty acid (salmon) for healthy finger nails.
If you want to spend less than thirty minutes on your nails, I have a solution for you. Opt for press on nails as they can be done in ten minutes, they are also cheaper compared to taking a trip to the nail salon and they are much healthier for option than fixing and removing acrylic or gel manicure.
Manicures are not something you do every day, so spending that much time on it once a month should not be a big deal. You get your manicures done as self care or to even treat yourself so why don’t you take your time and allow your nail technician work some magic.
If you want a quick job I highly recommend press on nails and recently press on nails have gone to a whole new level, they look as good as your regular acrylic nails.
I hope you have learnt something today, please let me know how long it takes you to get your nails done in the comment section.